The Maternal and Child Health Hospital (MCHH) popularly known as C.W.C or Kwashiorkor clinic is centrally located in the Subin Sub-Metro within the Kumasi Metropolis, established by the Government of Gold Coast in 1910.
The Maternal and Child Health Hospital is one of the five (5) Government Hospitals in the Kumasi Metropolis. It has a projected population of Two Hundred and Thirty-Two Thousand, Four Hundred and Ninty-Three (232,493) as at 2017 projection from the 2010 census 11.0% of the population in Kumasi. There is an estimated population of Five hundred Thousand (500,000) daily at Kejetia, Central Market and Adum stores (excluded from the population).
MCHH serves areas such as Adum, Asafo, Fante New Town, Old Amakom and New Amakom.
- To provide quality health service with emphasis on primary health care.
- To become the district hospital of choice in the area of maternal and child health
- People centeredness
- To create wealth through healthy mother and child.
- To improve child health
- To improve Maternal health
- To foster collaboration between the hospital and other Health Institutions in the sub-metro.